...with a husband and 5 sons, I am truly outnumbered....stories and thoughts on life from a mom in a houseful of little men!

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Husky Boys

Ahh! Summertime! The boys had a blast helping me shuck corn in the sunshine (Although this was a few weeks ago--unfortunately, we haven't had many days like this this year.) It was quite nostalgic for me as I remember doing this all summer long in the sunny Wisconsin countryside. Do any of you remember that old, 80's song that used to play over and over on the radio, "Chaka Con"? I'm not even sure if I'm spelling that right, and furthermore, I have no idea what it means so hopefully it is nothing offensive! Anyway, for some reason I had that in my head (?) as we were working on our corn. So, I made up appropriate words. "Shuck corn, Everybody, Everybody shuck corn. Shuck corn that's all I wanna do--shuck corn Everybody Everybody shuck corn." And then of course, in a very high, annoying pitch: "I feel for you! I think I loooooove you!" Yes it is confirmed. I can be a little crazy. The boys never see corn on the cob now that they don't burst into song.


No comments: