...with a husband and 5 sons, I am truly outnumbered....stories and thoughts on life from a mom in a houseful of little men!

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Can it be? The big "0-1" is already here!






Happy 1st Birthday, Spunky Cub! Today has been a "one"derful day, full of reminiscence, thankfulness, and yes, even a few tears. My baby is quickly becoming a big boy, and though it sounds cliche', I really do not know where the time has gone. I remember one year ago today so incredibly clearly--the perfect birth experience. Truly it was. This little guy has given us so much love and joy. No words, parties, or gifts are befitting of expressing our love for him. I'm just so thankful the Lord saw fit to bless us with him. We had a little family dinner party in celebration tonight. I think Spunky enjoyed himself, though I know he definitely did not know what the fuss was about. He was completely disinterested in his presents (the big brothers happily opened most of them), and totally enraptured by his cake!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Happy Birthday, Spunky Cub!!! I haven't seen a picture of your little guy for awhile, and has he ever changed! What a cutie!

We did the first birthday thing a month ago today, so I know how you're feeling. They do grow up fast.