Ten. 10. T-E-N. 1-0.
It's been one decade since Eaglet and I made that laborious birth journey together.
He came in with adventure, and he still seeks it. This guy is full of dreams and ideas. This year, he planned to hike Gold Cord Lake Trail on his birthday, with lunch at the lake, "no matter how much snow there is!"
So, on that 20-degree, sunshine-filled day, that's what we did.
The lake was frozen, of course. Wish we'd have had skates along!
Things I will remember about ten-year-old Eaglet:
- his energy--up at the break of dawn and ready to tackle anything
- love of outdoors--he needs fresh air and wide-open spaces
- flannel shirts and camo
- one-of-a-kind tree forts
- his heart for others--especially those younger and weaker
- dreams of becoming a farmer
- truck artist
- lists for everything with creative spelling
- a giver--we routinely find artwork under our pillows as love offerings
We topped off the day with gift-opening, moose burgers, and apple-raspberry pie.
Before he was born, God gave me these words for our Eaglet:
|May he always know Who his help comes from.|