...with a husband and 5 sons, I am truly outnumbered....stories and thoughts on life from a mom in a houseful of little men!

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Shipbuilder Eaglet


We've got one seriously into anything maritime over here. He's been building the Titanic in our living room for two weeks! We've read everything Titanic we can get our hands on. Anyone have good book suggestions about shipwrecks or other maritime adventures? One thing I'd particularly like to find is a good children's book about Paul's shipwreck.

1 comment:

mama said...

I know this doesn't exactly qualify as "child friendly" but one of my favorite songs has long been "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" by Gordon Lightfoot. That's a good research project for you. I'm from Michigan, there is a museum devoted to shipwrecks there in the UP. We've been there, it's fascinating. (A few years back my stepbrother's wife was due with twins near the anniversary of the sinking of that ship. . . my dad suggested they name one boy "Edmund" and the other "Fitzgerald." Of course they didn't.)