...with a husband and 5 sons, I am truly outnumbered....stories and thoughts on life from a mom in a houseful of little men!

Saturday, July 05, 2014

This Place Has My Heart

We awoke on Independence Day, 2014, at one of most beautiful places on earth, to the sound of a loon calling.  The day prior, we had pulled into Waterfowl Lakes Provincial Park, needing a place to park for the night.  I had no idea how this place would steal my heart.
Our evening in this campground was the absolute best so far.  It was so amazingly beautiful and peaceful.  After spaghetti dinner on the picnic table we had a long explore...then moved on to a cozy campfire.
 
We stayed up way too late drinking tea and telling stories around it, and the boys experienced for the first time a dark, summer evening.
 I'm not sure how to put into words how I feel about this place.
 



Suffice it to say, it was with tears in my eyes and with my hands and face stinging from the fresh, frigid, turquoise river water of the Mistaya River that we set back out on the road on Independence Day, 2014.  I pray I'll return to this spot someday.

1 comment:

Llamalina reada said...

Really gorgeous areas...I'd forgotten how beautiful it is there...