...with a husband and 5 sons, I am truly outnumbered....stories and thoughts on life from a mom in a houseful of little men!

Monday, March 20, 2006

Thankful for Family and for Provision!

I'm so thankful that my parents came to live in Alaska, too. This last weekend, my dad went off to the Bush caribou hunting (more to come on that experience!) Mom came over to watch Spunky Cub so Tony and I could take the big boys to an ice skating birthday party that afternoon. That was a hoot, by the way. It was Mischievous Eaglet's first time, and Wise Bobcat's second (the first was a couple years ago on Wasilla Lake--very rough ice, sub-zero temp, and howling wind. Sound fun?!) I wish I had pictures to share, but alas, I only had my big camera with me. Anyway, Mom had supper with us and stayed the night. We watched a movie together that evening, and spent the entire next morning just sitting about, drinking tea, and enjoying having Grandmom with us. I do not take this for granted. So many fellow Alaskans live here with no family at all. I cannot imagine not having my mom and dad around to share our lives with. Furthermore, I cannot imagine not being able to share our children with them on a regular basis. Grandparents are nearly the only other people in the world who love all the nuances in children's personalities and "cute litte kid stories" as much as the parents. A great weekend was made even more fantastic when we were invited over to Grandmom and Grandpa's for a dinner of that delicious caribou he bagged! Just as fantastic was the slide show and narration of the adventure. Wow! I can't wait to post some of his pictures in here.

No comments: